|India Today’s monthly supplement HOME is looking for a lifestyle journalist with 2-3 years of experience for its team in Noida. HOME is a monthly interiors and design magazine circulated with India’s most circulated weekly, India Today.
Candidate profile: We are looking for a candidate with an interest in interiors, architecture, and design writing, impeccable English, previous experience in magazine/newspaper production, can meet deadlines, and is well-networked among architects, design houses and industry experts.|
|Christian Children's Fund of Canada (CCFC) creates a future of hope for children, families, and communities by helping them develop the skills and resources to overcome poverty and pursue justice. Headquartered in Markham, Canada, CCFC currently has thousands of children receiving sponsorship and we are involved in child centered community programs. More information about CCFC is available on our website www.ccfcanada.ca.
We have a vacancy for a Communication Manager in our country office in Chennai, India. The Communication Manager (CM) is CCFC’s manager in the country office responsible for creation, implementation and overseeing communication work that effectively describe and promote the work of CCFC in-country. The incumbent will be responsible for playing an active advocacy role and be the key contact for the Country Office in terms of networking and media relations. The Communication Manager will also receive guidance and support from Director and Manager of Communications from the Head Office in Markham, Canada.
The Communication Manager is accountable for the provision of support to the Country Office and CCFC Toronto as well as the program partners on all issues relating to communications, networking, advocacy, media relations as well as story identification and writing.
• Develop, implement, and maintain local internal and external communications plans based on corporate strategy, including issue management, media and public relations, and other internal communications products.
• Collect, coordinate, maintain and disseminate information, content and visuals from the field countries including story research and generation, and basic program photography and video footage.
• Coordinate the production of program/projects specific brochures and other materials.
• Research and write content topical issues and story lines for publications, internet, media, policies, and other supporter correspondence
• Support website and intranet content updating.
• Monitor CCFC’s brand ensuring consistency of messaging, tone, style, and visual identity in country of operation.
• Media relations activities including writing press releases, booking interviews, and serving as local spokesperson.
• Network with local governmental and non-governmental organizations to enhance CCFC’s work and build CCFC’s profile in-country.
• Coordinate production of videos and photography in the country office.
• Support partners’ communication activities and organize trainings to enhance CCFC’s work including visualizing program achievements.
• Handle other related duties as assigned.
• Complying with all CCFC policies and procedures; and performing related duties as assigned
• University degree and 3-5 years’ related work experience in communications, marketing, public relations, or journalist role;
• Excellent writing and research skills both on-line and traditional
• Editing and proof-reading skills
• Skilled in basic media relations activities
• Experience in developing, planning and executing public relations and communications plans
• Skilled and creative in project coordination and implementation
• Excellent skills in dealing with the media and public -- pitching stories, coordinating background information and interviews
• Understanding of branding and brand management
• As an effective communicator with staff and media, this position requires excellent inter-personal, public-speaking and public relations skills.
• Strong computer-based user skills -Microsoft Office products mandatory. Knowledge of Audio-visual technologies, Photoshop or other photo-manipulation software an asset
• Ability to travel nationally to program areas as required.
• Fluency and excellent written skills in English and some local languages.
• Demonstrated commitment to CCFC's Vision, Mission and Values
Candidate must also demonstrate the following attributes:
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to network, collaborate, build relationships and negotiate effectively
• Cross-cultural sensitivity and experience
• Flexible and adaptable to changing demands and priorities
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Results-oriented, proactive, deadline-driven, attention to detail
• Able to multi-task and at times work in high pressure environment with deadlines
To Apply: If you have the passion and expertise in working in CCFC India country office to achieve the visions of CCFC, submit: (1) cover letter, (2) current resume, (3) salary expectation to: IND-Communications@ccfcanada.ca
Applications will be received until the position is filled.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.|
|Haridev Joshi University Of Journalism And Mass Communication, Jaipur, invites applications for vacancies in Media Studies and Electronic Journalism Departments. The posts available are Professor - 1 in each discipline, Associate Professor - 2 in each discipline and Assistant Professor - 3 in each discipline. Last date for receipt of the duly filled application form, addressed to the Registrar, is on or before June 12, 2013. Postal delays will not be the responsibility of the University. For more, visit: http://hjuj.ac.in/images/Application-form-for-Teaching-Post.pdf|