MIB drops films, jury head resigns

IN Media Watch Briefs | 14/11/2017

NDTV reports that Director Sujoy Ghosh, head of the  jury for the Indian Panorama section at the 48th International Film Festival of India, has resigned. Last week the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting reportedly removed two films from a list picked by the jury to be screened at the festival.  Missing from the list of films were Malayalam movie S Durga and the Marathi film Nude. Meanwhile  The Hindu tweeted that  film maker Sanal Kumar Sasidharan, who has made S Durga, plans to file a writ petition in the Kerala High Court to protest  the non-inclusion.

Subscribe To The Newsletter

Indian Express reports that YouTube has blocked the Press Information Bureau's channel on that platform since June 16, and viewers are able to access any of its videos posted there since the channel became operational in 2011. YouTube says it is because it is updating its partner agreements, the story says.                   

An undertrial accused in the murder of journalist Sudip Datta Bhowmik in Tripura last year has apparently threatened a witness on whose statement the case hinges. This is the TSR jawan who witnessed the entire incident. The custodial trial in the case began last week. Bhowmick was shot dead last year in the TSR 2nd battalion HQ and four TSR personnel including the battalion commandant are implicated in the case. (UNI)                      

View More